Municipal Clerk I
Position: Municipal Clerk I
Hours of Work
Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Municipal Clerk I position will provide a wide variety of administrative duties in the Administration department.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Services, the Municipal Clerk I position is responsible for providing exceptional customer service and efficiency and effectiveness in administrative processes for the department.
- Providing customer service at front counter, including processing cash receipt payments and documenting customer inquiries/complaints.
- Administration of Accounts Receivable System including invoicing, monthly statements and collection procedures.
- Maintenance of the Town's Records Management system with accuracy and precision, including document scanning, filing and directory management.
- Completing all bank deposits in a timely manner.
- Processing all ingoing and outgoing mail on a daily basis.
- Providing office support including answering phones, composing correspondence, data entry and photocopying.
- Other tasks as delegated by the Director of Corporate Services.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Competent with Microsoft Office programs with a strong emphasis on Word and Excel or related publication software.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with professionalism.
- Familiarity with Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Self-motivator with strong interpersonal skills, able to work effectively on their own or as part of a team.
- Provide excellent customer service to the public and staff.
- Excellent organizational, written and communication skills.
- Positive engaging personality.
- High energy and enthusiasm.
- Maintain standards of conduct and confidentiality.
- Demonstrate a dedication to the position and community.
- Demonstrate sound work ethics.
September 22, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.
The Town of Barrhead is pleased to offer the successful candidate competitive wages, excellent benefits package, Local Authorities Pension Plan (LAPP), and many professional development opportunities. Only those selected for an interview will be notified, although we thank all applicants for their interest.
Submit your resume in confidence to:
Kathy Vickery, Director of Corporate Services
Or in-person at 5014-50 Avenue, Barrhead, Alberta
Or mail: Box 4189, Barrhead, AB T7N 1A2
If submitting a resume in person, please ensure that it is secured in a sealed envelope.