Social Media Moderation Practices
The Town of Barrhead encourages open communication and respectful dialogue from our residents and the surrounding community. Everyone has the right to express their opinions, thoughts, and feelings on social media and while we will diligently attempt to address any service issues, the Town reserves the right to remove inappropriate content.
When adding content or posting comments, users must be aware that any of the following will not be permitted and are subject to removal – content and comments that:
- are confidential;
- are not relevant to the account and/or page’s subject matter;
- contain inappropriate language;
- are of a discriminatory or illegal nature or potentially so;
- contain any commerce-related activity;
- have the potential to or do impact public safety;
- have the potential to or do violate the legal rights of any other individual, group or organization;
- contravenes the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act;
- for any reason are deemed to be inappropriate by a Director of a Department or the Town Manager.
When possible, the user who posted the content will be advised via Direct Message that their post has been removed and that if they continue to post such content they will be blocked from the Town's social media accounts.