The Town of Barrhead is switching to an Automated Collection System over the summer of 2018 beginning with Low-Density Residential areas (single family homes & duplexes) in July.
Easter Holiday Garbage Service Disruptions
General Waste Collection Information
To guarantee that your garbage is picked up it must be out by 7:30AM on your scheduled pick-up day. There is no collection on Statutory Holidays. Waste is picked up the days immediately following a Statutory Holiday. Check the Waste Collection Schedule to determine your collection day or contact the Town Office at 780-674-3301.
Waste Collection Requirements:
- All garbage must be contained in a disposable garbage bag.
- No bag may weigh more than 55lbs.
- Animal waste and obnoxious matter must be double bagged.
- Lawn clippings and landscaping refuse like tree branches must be brought to the Composting Lot for further processing.
- Hazardous materials or waste such as paint, motor oils, car batteries must be taken to the Barrhead Regional Landfill and cannot be disposed of through curb-side waste collection.
Residences/businesses that do not respect these rules or the health and safety of our collection staff will receive Violation Notices and their garbage may not be collected.