Get a Permit or License

Get a Permit or License 

Cat and Dog Licenses
All dogs and cats 6 months of age or older must be licensed annually. A license is effective from January 1 to December 31 of the calendar year. Dog and cat licenses are $20.00 per year for an unsprayed/unneutered animal and $8.00 per year for a spayed/neutered animal (DOCUMENTATION IS NOW REQUIRED). For further information on our fees, penalties and enforcement please review our Animal Control By-law.

All animals must be leashed and wearing a current license tag when taken off their premises. The owner of a female dog or cat, which is in estrus (heat) shall keep the animal housed and confined. Residents must clean up after their dogs and cats as well. This not only helps keep the community clean, it helps eliminate the spread of some common diseases.

What do I do if my pet goes missing?
Found animals are brought to the Barrhead Veterinary Clinic.
60006 Range Road 34, Barrhead, AB
On the corner of Highway 33 and Range Road 34
Phone: (780) 674-5335

Please call the Town Office or Peace Officer at 780-674-3301 for more information.
Business License
All business' operating within the Town of Barrhead are required to have a Business License.
For information about licensing your business, please visit the Business License page.

Development & Sign permits
Our development permit is a valuable tool that allows the Town to promote quality development within the community while ensuring that substandard development, or potentially hazardous development is discouraged.
For information about Development & Sign permits, please visit the Planning & Development page.