Head Life Guard
HEAD LIFE GUARD
POSITION: HEAD LIFE GUARD
Do you have a passion for community enrichment, recreation, and aquatic education? Come work in the new state of the art Regional Aquatic Centre located in Barrhead, Alberta. We are looking for two full time Head Life Guards to join our fun, supportive, and energetic team. Our fully accessible pool consists of a 25m 6 lane competition pool, a zero depth entry leisure pool with a tot splash area, a lazy river, a hot tub, and a steam room.
Looks aren’t everything! We have an ever expanding library of programs, lessons, and special events for all ages and skill levels. Learn more about our facilities and our beautiful Town, just 1 hour from Edmonton, and discover your new home in our Welcome to Barrhead section.
Hours of Work:
Permanent, full-time position: 40 hours per week, may include evenings, weekends, or holidays if needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure a safe and fun aquatic experience for the public, all staff, and volunteers
- Opening/closing of the facility
- Teach swimming lessons, aqua fitness, and hydro-rider classes
- Supervise pools
- Supervise staff including coordinating the daily work of lifeguards and instructors
- Ensure all staff are ready on deck and prepared when their shifts starts
- Evaluate aquatic programs and staff
- Participate in staff In-services once a month
- Facility and water maintenance including but not limited to filtration systems, water sampling, and water balancing using various chemical additives. Occasional minor mechanical issues.
- Step in and cover shifts when needed
- Additional duties as required
- Current NL Pool
- Current Swim and Lifesaving Instructor
- Standard First Aid with CPR C and AED
- Pool Operator level 1
- Oxygen Administration
- 1 year or more experience in Aquatics in a leadership role
- 18 years of age or older
- Clear communication skills (verbal & written)
- Excellent team building and mentoring skills
- Aquafit training considered an asset
- NL instructor considered an asset
- First Aid Instructor considered an asset
- AEC considered an asset
The Town of Barrhead is pleased to offer the successful candidate competitive wages based on previous experience, education, and suitability for the position. Only those selected for an interview will be notified, although we thank all applicants for their interest. This position will remain open until filled.
If you think that you’re the one we are searching for we invite you to submit a resume and cover letter to:
Town of Barrhead
C/O Adrianna Pollard, Aquatic Supervisor
P.O. Box 4112
Barrhead, Alberta, T7N-1A1
OR fill out the form below: