COVID-19 Business Support
Business Support During COVID-19
Alberta's Relaunch Strategy
- Government of Canada: COVID-19 Resources for Canadian Businesses
- Government of Canada: COVID-19 information for Albertans
- Barrhead Chamber of Commerce: COVID-19 - Information and Resources
- Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): COVID-19 Resources
- World Health Organization: COVID-19 Updates
Alberta is Reopening
Human Resource Information
Business Continuity Information
Other notable announcements by the Government of Canada
- The federal government is changing the Canada Account to allow the government to provide additional support to Canadian export companies through loans, guarantees or insurance polices during these challenging times.
- The Bank of Canada will broaden the scope of the current Government of Canada bond buyback program. This is intended to add market liquidity and support price discovery.
- The Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions (OSFI) announced that it has lowered the Domestic Stability Buffer by 1.25 per cent of risk-weighted assets, which will allow Canada's large banks to inject $300 billion of additional lending in to the economy.
- The Government of Canada has launched an Insured Mortgage Purchase Program (IMPP), which will purchase up to $50 billion of insured mortgage pools through the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC). This action will provide long-term stable funding to banks and mortgage lenders and add liquidity to Canada's mortgage market.
Prevent the Spread of COVID-19
- Keep storefront & sales area lights on
- Keep exterior lights on
- Turn off equipment (computers/photocopiers/kitchen appliances, etc)
- Store flammables and combustibles in secure location
- Keep cash register open & empty
- Do not leave any cash on premises
- Secure other valuables, if unable to take them out of the business
- Secure all equipment and stock
- Secure and lock all doors and windows
- Turn on security system & security surveillance equipment