COVID-19 Business Economic Recovery Grant
$30K Recovery Grant for Local Businesses in Need
Partnership with Community Futures Yellowhead East
The Town of Barrhead, in partnership with Community Futures Yellowhead East (CFYE), has launched a $30,000 Economic Recovery Grant Program to help local businesses and not-for-profit organizations not only rebound from challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic, but redesign their business models in the face of a changing marketplace. Interested parties will be required to apply through the Town of Barrhead to access funds.
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, CFYE has worked diligently to advertise and share federally funded grants to help businesses survive restrictions and closures. This Economic Recovery Grant Program is another avenue being provided by both the Town and CFYE to businesses that may have found difficulty accessing financial aid through other federal and provincial avenues.
- Offered to local businesses or registered non-profit organizations adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic to a maximum of $3,000 per applicant
- All applications will be considered case-by-case with preference given to those who identify that funds will be used to:
- Assist in creating new positions or assisting individuals to return to work (cannot be used for payroll)
- Promote potential partnership with other local businesses
- Contribute to the diversification of the business from its original operational nature in order to sustain or implement new revenue streams
- Pivot business operations in response to a changing marketplace
- Create place-making - not only to contribute to the vibrancy of our community through creating a sense of place, but through promotion of shopping locally and enticing tourism to our region
- Deadline for all applications is Tuesday, August 3, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.
For a printable application, click here. Paper applications can also be obtained at the Town Office located at 5014 50 Ave, Barrhead, AB.
The policy for this program is located here.
For further information, contact Edward LeBlanc, CAO, at 780-674-3301 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.