POSITION: Parks & Recreation Summer Program Leaders
Summer employment opportunities exist for four (4) Parks and Recreation Summer Program staff in the Town of Barrhead. These are temporary positions as outlined below:
Junior Summer Program Leader (3 positions): Students over 16 years of age are preferred. This is a temporary position from July 2023 until August 2023 inclusive.
Details & Duties:
- Assist with budgeting, promoting, implementing, and evaluating programs for children ages 6-12
- Assist with special events as held throughout the summer
- Assist with inventory control and organization of summer program supplies
- Ensure the safety of all summer program participants
- Work in a team setting as well as independently with minimum supervision
- In addition to the duties above, the Senior Summer Program Leader position will be responsible for program planning and developing the summer program guide
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Be energetic and creative
- Have sufficient stamina and strength to do the requirements of the posting
- Experience with children is preferred
- A valid class 5 drivers license is considered an asset
- Provide a criminal record check and Vulnerable Sector check
- First Aid & CPR Certification is required for the Senior Summer Program Leader. It is considered an asset for the Junior Summer Program Leader positions.
Hours of Work:
40hrs/week of shift work. Day shifts including some evening or weekend shifts as required.
$21 - $24 per hour
March 18, 2024
Post-secondary students are defined as individuals who are currently full time students (either high school or post-secondary) and are enrolled as full time students for the 2023-2024 academic year in a post-secondary institution within the Province of Alberta. First Aid & CPR Certification is regularly offered by Barrhead Community Adult Learning. Only those selected for an interview will be notified, although we thank all applicants for their interest.
Submit your application and/or resume to:
Baukje Strawson, Recreation Programmer
By email firstname.lastname@example.org
Or in person at 5609-47 Street (Barrhead Regional Aquatics Centre)