Parks & Recreation Summer Program Leaders
POSITION: Parks & Recreation Summer Program Leaders Summary:
Summer employment opportunities exist for five (5) Parks and Recreation Summer Program staff in the Town of Barrhead. These are temporary positions as outlined below:
Senior Summer Program Leader (1 position): Post-secondary students are preferred. This is a temporary position from May 2020 until August 2020 inclusive.
Special Needs Program Assistant (1 position): Post-secondary students are preferred. This is a temporary position from July 2020 until August 2020 inclusive.
Junior Summer Program Leader (3 positions): Students over 16 years of age are preferred. This is a temporary position from July 2020 until August 2020 inclusive.
Details & Duties:
- Assist with budgeting, promoting, implementing, and evaluating programs for children of all ages
- Assist with special events as held throughout the summer
- Assist with inventory control and organization of summer program supplies
- Ensure the safety of all summer program participants
- Work in a team setting as well as independently with minimum supervision
- In addition to the duties above, the Senior Summer Program Leader position will be responsible for program planning and developing the summer program guide
- In addition to the duties above, the Special Needs Program Assistant position will assist children with physical and/or cognitive disabilities with participating in the summer programs
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Be energetic and creative
- Have sufficient stamina and strength to do the requirements of the posting
- Experience with children is preferred
- A valid class 5 drivers license is considered an asset
- Provide a criminal record check and Vulnerable Sector check
- First Aid & CPR Certification is required for the Senior Summer Program Leader and Special Needs Program Assistant positions. It is considered an asset for the Junior Summer Program Leader positions.
Hours of Work:
40hrs/week of shift work. Day shifts including some evening or weekend shifts as required.
$17.00 - $19.50 per hour
March 16, 2020
Post-secondary students are defined as individuals who are currently full time students (either high school or post-secondary) and are enrolled as full time students for the 2020-2021 academic year in a post-secondary institution within the Province of Alberta. First Aid & CPR Certification is regularly offered by Barrhead Community Adult Learning. Only those selected for an interview will be notified, although we thank all applicants for their interest.
your application and/or resume to:
Prokott, Parks & Recreation Coordinator
PO Box 4112
Barrhead, AB, T7N 1A1
Or in person at 5609-47 Street (Barrhead Regional Aquatics Centre)
Or through the form below