Small Business Advisor/Analyst - Community Futures Yellowhead East
Small Business Advisor/Analyst
Community Futures Yellowhead East
Community Futures Yellowhead East (CFYE) is seeking a Small Business Advisor/Analyst, a business professional who can add an innovative perspective to economic growth in a rural environment.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Small Business ADvisor/Analyst assists business clients to reach their goals and achieve success. The Business Advisor will be responsible for all aspects of commercial lending, business counselling, assessing, and understanding the feasibility of client business plans/ideas, cashflow statements, collections, teaching business concepts to groups and supporting the growth of the loan portfolio.
The Small Business Advisor/Analyst will be responsible for:
- Advising and counselling clients, providing guidance, assistance and information on the development of business plans and related documents,
- Reviewing, analyzing and recommending commercial loan applications for review by the Loan Sub Committee,
- Performing due diligence checks and loan reports to the Loan Sub Committee,
- Supporting Community Economic Development initiatives,
- Administrative functions related to loan administration, and reporting,
- Delivering group training session on business topics; and,
- Developing and maintaining a network of referral sources.
Our successful candidate will be highly detail-oriented, analytical, collaborative, creative, an effective communicator, and possesses strong lending, coaching, and public speaking skills.
Desired skills or qualification for this position:
- Proven knowledge of commercial lending and financing,
- A business or related certificate/diploma/degree or equivalent experience,
- Entrepreneurial experience/business ownership background,
- Superior relationship building and interpersonal skills,
- REfined listening, collaboration, problem solving and decision-making skills,
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, including Power Point, Excel, and Word,
- Strong Accounting background experience using accounting software, Xerox, Sage, or QuickBooks,
- A strong history of customer service, business coaching, and business planning,
- Must have a valid driver's license, transportation, and be willing to travel.
The right person can expect a competitive salary, benefit package, flexible working conditions, and the opportunity to make a difference in the business success of clients. If you are interested in contributing positively to our team, please submit your resume and cover letter citing salary expectations.
If you would like more information about Community Futures Yellowhead East, Click Here.
Thank you to all applicants; however, only persons whose applications have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Business lending and or financial experience minimum 3 years,
- Previous business ownership or management with strong understanding of cashflows, projections, budgets, business plans, marketing objectives,
- Experience with public speaking and or program facilitation.
- Certificate or degree in business, financing, marketing, fund accounting or similar,
- Business related Post Secondary Education.
- Whitecourt, AB
- Alberta Driver's License mandatory
Forward Resume & Cover letter to email@example.com
This posting is shared on behalf of Community Futures Yellowhead East. The Town of Barrhead is not hiring for this position, simply sharing the information for an organization in which we are partnered with. Direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.