Public Works Labourer Summer
POSITION: Public Works Labourer - Summer
Summer employment opportunities exist for two (2) Seasonal Public Works Labourers in the Town of Barrhead. This is a temporary position from May 2022 until August 2022 inclusive. Successful applicants will assist Town crews in maintaining and servicing Town infrastructure, ensuring the safety of the general public, fellow employees, and themselves at all times.
- Perform labour duties as requested by Public Services Foreman.
- Operate equipment if qualified to do so in a safe and respectful manner.
- Assist with roadway, laneway, and sidewalk repair projects.
- Maintenance work on gutters, catch basins, and Town property & buildings.
- Occasionally substitute for the sanitation, recycling, and landfill crew.
- Interact and provide public assistance in a pleasant and efficient manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess a valid class 5 drivers license.
- Provide a current drivers abstract and criminal record check if hired.
- Steel Toe Safety Boots are required.
- First Aid & CPR Certification is considered an asset.
- Have sufficient stamina and strength to do the requirements of the posting.
- Able to work under both general supervision and independently.
Hours of Work:
40hrs/week of shift work. Day shifts including some evening or weekend shifts as required.
$18.00 - $20.00 per hour
This position remains open until the right candidates are found.
Post-secondary student applicants are preferred. Students are defined as individuals who are currently full time students (either high school or post-secondary) and are enrolled as full time students for the 2022-2023 academic year in a post-secondary institution within the Province of Alberta. Only those selected for an interview will be notified, although we thank all applicants for their interest.
your application and/or resume to:
Sheldon Flett, Public Works Lead Hand
PO Box 4189
Barrhead, AB, T7N 1A2
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org