Parks & Recreation Summer Maintenance
POSITION: Parks & Recreation Maintenance - Seasonal
Summer employment opportunities exist for a Seasonal Parks and Recreation Maintenance Worker in the Town of Barrhead. This is a temporary position from May 2019 until August 2019 inclusive. Successful applicants must be able to operate, push, and ride on lawn mowers, weed eaters, ½ to 1-ton trucks. Watering flowers, plants, and trees as required along with painting and maintain playground equipment and structures. Some trail and spray pad maintenance can also be expected along with arena, campground, janitorial, and garbage/litter duties as assigned.
Hours of Work:
40hrs/week of shift work. Day shifts including some evening or weekend shifts as required.
- Post-secondary students required. See Additional Information for definition.
- Possess a valid class 5 drivers license,
- Provide a current drivers abstract and criminal record check,
- First Aid & CPR Certification,
- Steel Toe Safety Boots,
- Work in a team setting as well as independently with minimum supervision,
- Have sufficient stamina and strength to do the requirements of the posting,
- Able to work under both general supervision and independently.
$17.00 - $18.50 per hour
This position remains open until the right candidates are found.
Students are defined as individuals who are currently full time students (either high school or post-secondary) and are enrolled as full time students for the 2019-2020 academic year in a post-secondary institution within the Province of Alberta. First Aid & CPR Certification is regularly offered by Barrhead Community Adult Learning. Only those selected for an interview will be notified, although we thank all applicants for their interest.
your application and/or resume to:
Jonathan Hynes, Parks & Recreation Foreman
PO Box 4112, Barrhead, AB, T7N 1A1
Or in person at 5609-47 Street (Barrhead Regional Aquatics Centre)
Or email email@example.com
Or through the form below