Position: Arena Operator
Hours of Work: Shift Work primarily including evenings and weekends
The Town of Barrhead is accepting applications for the position of Arena Operator. Reporting to and under the supervision of the Parks and Recreation Foreman, general responsibilities include ongoing maintenance of all Parks and Recreation facilities, sports fields and parks.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT INCLUDE:
- Class 5 drivers license
- Shift work, primarily including evenings and weekends
- Capable of physical labour and lifting
- Parks Maintenance - lawn care, garbage pick-up, tree pruning, etc.
- Setup and take down for Special Events
- Arena Maintenance
- Special projects as required
- Prefer Ice Maintenance and Park Maintenance experience
- Able to achieve applicable certifications needed buy the Town within a reasonable time period, i.e.: Arena Operator II, Sports Fields I & II, and other professional development as requried
- Must be able to pass security check by the RCMP
- Must be able to provide drivers abstract
$20.00 - $30.00 / hour based on a 40-hour work week plus shift differential.
Friday, September 3, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.
The Town of Barrhead is pleased to offer the successful candidate competitive wages, excellent benefits package, Local Authorities Pension Plan (LAPP), and many professional development opportunities. Only those selected for an interview will be notified, although we thank all applicants for their interest.
Submit your resume in confidence to:
Parks and Recreation Foreman
Mail: Jon Hynes, C/O Town of Barrhead Recreation, Box 4112, Barrhead, AB T7N 1A1