All activities are located in the Barrhead Regional Aquatics Centre, 5609 47th Street
Cost: Free with Aquatics Centre admission
When: 7 classes weekly. Check the Recreation Calendar for times.
What: An aquatic fitness class with music, aerobics and strength training exercises. High resistance yet gentle on joints, this fitness class is perfect for all ages and skill levels. Classes are typically held in standing-depth water.
Cost: $12.90 drop-in or $96.40 for 9 pre-paid classes
When: 5 classes weekly. Check the Recreation Calendar for times.
What: It's basically a spin class with the stationary bikes in the pool under about 3' of water. Aqua spinning is a great way to get fit while enjoying the low-impact benefits of water-based exercise. The water provides support for those who need it most while also granting great natural resistance. PLease arrive 10-15 minutes before class to set up your bike.
Cost: Free with Aquatics Centre admission
When: 1-2 lanes always available. Watch Recreation Calendar for specifics.
What: Swim laps at your own pace. Open to all swimmers 8+ (8-12 must pass a swim test administrated by the lifeguard). These lanes are for laps only. Please adhere to lane swim etiquette and respect other users.
Free Family Swim
When: First Sunday of the month from 4:30PM-6:00PM
What: This monthly free swim is open to all ages and is proudly sponsored by Servus Credit Union and Pembina West Co-op.
Themed Swim Events
When: Monthly. Visit Recreation Calendar for details
What: Toonie swims, free swims, water safety demonstrations, water volleyball games, and seasonally themed swims open to all ages. Let us know if you have an idea for a fun aquatic event!
All activities are located in the Barrhead Agrena, 5607 47th Street
*Bouncy Houses - Closed for the season. Will reopen in the spring of 2020.
When: Weekdays from 1:15PM-3:15PM
What: Come over and play at our house! In June & July, children ages 12 and under can beat the heat and blow off some steam jumping around our Bouncy Houses. We have three inflatable experiences for you to explore. Parental/guardian supervision is required.
When: October to March
What: No matter your skill level or schedule, we have a drop-in skate experience just for you. Details on each style of session is posted below along with times. Please watch the recreation calendar for date specific sessions as they can be subject to change.
- General Skate: Open to participants of all ages and skill levels. Mondays to Thursdays from 12:00PM-1:00PM & Sundays from 6:30PM-7:30PM
- Adults Only Skate: Open to participants over the age of 18. Tuesdays from 10:30AM-11:45AM.
- Parents and Tots: Open to parents or caregivers with small children. Wednesdays from 1:15PM-2:15PM
- Drop in Hockey: All skill levels welcome although participants must be 18 or over. Full equipment will not be provided but is strongly recommended. Gloves and helmets are mandatory. Fridays from 12:00PM-1:00PM
- Stick and Puck: All ages welcome! Stick and Puck is not team-based; nets will be out so bring a hockey stick and puck and take your best shot. Schedule TBA.
- Themed Skates: These family-friendly themed skates, such as the Santa Skate, correspond with annual special events and holidays. They also feature crafts, treats, and sometimes prizes! Dates TBA.
Yoga in the Park
Where: Lions Park, 4400 50A Avenue
When: July 10 & August 14 at 7:00PM
What: Yoga in the Park is a free class held a few times throughout the summer in Lion’s Park. Newly introduced in 2019, this outdoor class requires only your presence, a bottle of water, and a positive attitude. We have 20 yoga mats available for use on a first come, first serve basis. Namaste!
Friday Fun Day
Where: Splash Park, 5401 54 Avenue
When: Fridays, 10:00AM-3:00PM
What: In July & August, join the Summer Recreation Team at the Barrhead Splash Park for themed fun days! Bring your swimsuit and a towel and join us as we play games and create crafts in the sun. These days are open to all ages and serve as a great introduction to Barrhead’s summer programs for children who are too young to attend. Parental/guardian supervision is required.