Position: Lifeguard (2-3 positions available)
Do you have a passion for community enrichment, recreation, and aquatic education? Come work in the new state of the art Regional Aquatics Centre located in Barrhead, Alberta. We are looking for Life Guards to join our fun, supportive, and energetic team. Our fully accessible pool consists of a 25m 6 lane competition pool, a zero depth entry leisure pool with a tot splash area, a lazy river, a hot tub, and a steam room.
Working with the Aquatic Supervisor, Aquatic Coordinator, Head Guard, and Team Leads. This position requires great public relations, quality life guarding, facility maintenance, public education and provide first aid as needed.
Hours of Work:
This is a casual position with no set weekly hours. Varying hours per week, may include evenings, weekends, or occasional holidays.
- Current NL pool
- NL Instructor would be an asset
- Current Swim and Lifesaving Instructor/Examiner would be an asset
- Standard First Aid with CPR C and AED
- First Aid Instructor would be an asset
- Oxygen Administration would be an asset
- Criminal Record Check plus a Drivers abstract will be required as a condition of employment
- References must be available on request
The Town of Barrhead is pleased to offer the successful candidate competitive wages based on previous experience, education, and suitability for the position. Only those selected for an interview will be notified, although we thank all applicants for their interest. This position will remain open until filled.
If you think that you’re the one we are searching for we invite you to submit a resume and cover letter to:
Town of Barrhead
C/O Linda Swanson, Aquatic Supervisor
P.O. Box 4112
Barrhead, Alberta, T7N-1A1
OR fill out the form below: