Welcome to Barrhead, we are happy that you are interested in doing business here and are excited to get you started. Before you apply for a Business License you must determine if the license you need is applicable to the district you plan on operating in. Below you can find a quick and easy step by step process which will help you acquire the Business License you need.
- Refer to the LUB District map to determine the district you are planning on operating in.
- Open the Land Use Bylaw and refer to Part XI: District Regulations.
- Match your district and click on the applicable section.
- You will find the different uses available in your district. This will determine which business licence you require.
- Every business operating in Barrhead is required to obtain a Business License as per Bylaw 06-2017.
|Annual Business License Fees||Other Business License Fees|
|Residential Annual License||$125||Hawkers, Peddlers, Door to Door Sales||$75/week|
|Home Based Business Annual License||$175||Temporary Business License||$50/week|
|Non-Resident Annual License||$250||Food Vending Unit License||$125/yearly|
|General Contractor License||$500|
For any questions, clarification or submissions:
Contact: Cheryl Callihoo
Director of Development & Legislative Services